1. Pick a piece of music that’s not on our class listening list
I want to pick a classical piece I am thinking of writing it on Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
2. Using the vocabulary/terms we’ve learned so far, describe the piece (ie. Timber, Tonality, Texture etc). Essentially, this will be what we think we are hearing (Initial observation of the piece).
I have attached lecture notes so you can use you know what was covered in class. Lecture 6 and lecture 9 help break down the music how its suppose to be done for the music. Please use the concepts only learned in class.
3. Taking information from at least 4 peer reviewed sources, provide a more comprehensive description of the piece. Essentially, this will be what it is we are actually hearing.
4. Compare, contrast and critique both the initial impression we had of the piece and the information we gathered about the piece from our research (How close or off were you?).
The assignment should be between 1100 -1200 words and in proper essay format. And MUST be submitted electronically/Online on Blackboard and to turnitin.com.
How the essay will be marked
1. How well did you articulated your points.
2. The quality of the Citation.
3. How many sources (At least 4)
Note: Wikipedia is an acceptable source but not recommended (The information on Wikipedia isn’t always Accurate). Prof. Roseanne recommends Naxon’s or TedTalk (Keep in mind that even though it’s recommended, it’s not compulsory). An orchestra website could also be a good place to check for information on the piece you pick.
Writing support is available at the writing center
A few tips on choosing your piece
You may pick something that you’ve already listened to and are relatively familiar with.
You may choose a composer that we’ve looked at in class and pick a piece from that composer (The composer can be on our class listening list BUT the piece you pick MUST NOT)
You can pick a piece from a particular time period by a composer that you are interested in (The Piece CAN be from the same time period as any of the music on our listening list. BUT as before the piece MUST NOT).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more