Q1: A 70 year old patient with chronic renal failure has been scheduled for a coronary angiography examination. Discuss the possible adverse reactions to the iodinated contrast media that the patient may encounter and how they can be prevented.
Introduction: 200 WORDS
• Renal failure (General statement about the renal failure + Definition)
• What is the coronary angiography (what is the purpose of it)
• Contrast media (what is the purpose of it)
Body1: 350 WORDS
• Chronic renal failure (what– How– why)
Body 2: 300 WORDS
• Coronary angiography (what– How– why)
Body3: 350 WORDS
• Iodinated Contrast Media (what is it – types )
• The most important factors in contrast media:
2. Ionic or non-ionic
Body 4: 300 WORDS
• Discuss the possible adverse reactions to the iodinated contrast media that the patient may encounter
1. Minor: Flushing-Nausea-Vomiting-Mild rash-Arm pain.
2. Moderate: More severe-urticaria Facial oedema-Hypotension-Bronchospasm
3. Severe: Hypotensive shock-Laryngeal oedema-Convulsions-Respiratory and cardiac arrest
Body 5: 300 WORDS
• prevention methods of the adverse reactions:
1. Compared with HOCM, LOCM result in less nephrotoxicity but still can cause nephropathy.
2. The radiologist or cardiologist should use the smallest volume of contrast needed to obtain the imaging
3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should be discontinued before contrast exposure.
Conclusion: 200 WORDS
• Summarise the key points
• Recommendation (another imaging modality which is nuclear medicine) and (another contrast medium)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more