please follow the instructions exactly, i have provided the instructions bellow along with the links, the paragraphs should be exactly what the instructions say i hope it will be good as always the website provides
This is the Forum where you should make your Budget Post. The due date for this post (50 points) is May 10 at 11:45 p.m. Your post should contain at least four or five well-formed paragraphs. Please follow these instructions:
1. Go to the National Priorities Project website: https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/
Review the material contained in “Federal Budget 101: Why Should You Care About the Federal Budget” including “Federal Budget Process, Where the Money Comes From, Where the Money Goes, Borrowing and the Federal Debt, as well as the Federal Budget Glossary .
Also in the National Priorities site complete “Your Federal Income Tax Receipt” to find out where the federal government spent all the money you paid in income taxes for the tax year 2014. You will be asked to enter information on “Your Federal Taxes Paid.” Simply enter a figure such as $1000 if you didn’t pay taxes or don’t remember how much you paid. Make sure that you view the tax receipt for California.
2. The Center on Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland has created a US Federal Budget exercise which allows you to design the federal budget, analyze and government revenues for Fiscal Year 2015. Complete this budget exercise to learn the basics of the current federal budget. The URL is
3. Then take the Federal Budget Challenge which is an online interactive exercise in which participants learn how difficult it is to balance the federal budget over a ten year time frame starting in fiscal year 2014. “The goal of the Federal Budget Challenge is to reduce the amount of annual deficits over the next 10 years. Your starting point will be the Congressional Budget Office estimate for these deficits under current law — assuming Congress and the President pass no legislation over that time.”
The URL for the Federal Budget Challenge is: http://federal.budgetchallenge.org/pages/overview.
Now you are ready to complete your Budget Post. In your post address the following issues:
1. With regard to the US Federal Budget exercise (2 above) describe your projected spending and tax choices for 2015. What was your budget deficit for 2015? Be sure to include any changes that you made to Social Security.
2. With respect to Federal Budget Challenge (3 above):
-Summarize the budget policies that you implemented to achieve your results with regard to specific areas of the budget: Social Security, Medicare, defense, etc. Discuss your spending as compared to the most popular choices and the status quo.
-Discuss your choices with regard to revenue. Did you cut tax expenditures, implement tax reform, etc. How do your choices compare to the popular choices, and the status quo?
-Report the total deficit reduction that you achieved upon finishing the Federal Budget Challenge? What was your total spending and revenue?
-Did the choices that you made in the Challenge tend to be “popular” or unpopular? Were your choices based on economic reasoning?
-Please attach the summary/screenshot of your results from the Challenge to your post. You can take cell phone pics of your results, and collect them in a Word or PDF file if you like.
3. Utilizing economic reasoning (the art of economics) explain how you would “fix” the Federal Budget. Discuss your views regarding future budget tradeoffs. Where would you make major cuts and why? For example: Should additional tax revenue be used to reduce federal borrowing? Should the federal government invest more in research and development? How should we secure Social Security and Medicare for future generations? Should we increase or decrease national security funding in the years ahead?
4. Do you find yourself more sympathetic to the “sound finance” or “functional finance” view as outlined in Chapter 16? Why? Discuss at least two policy changes that could reduce the real burden of the debt on future generations over time. What will happen to the Federal Budget if the Federal Reserve allows interest rates to rise to more “normal” levels? Explain.
Your Budget post is due by May 10 at 11:45 p.m. and is worth up to 50 points. Remember to attach the summary/screenshot of your results from the Challenge to your post. You can take cell phone pics of your results, and collect them in a Word or PDF file if you like.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more