• Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death listed in the United States.
• When first diagnosed, doctor probably sent patient home with a lot of information. That’s a great place to start.
• Some patients may be confused by how their lifestyle will have to change. Some patients may not know even how serious the complications may be.
• This information is a resource for educating, empowering people living with diabetes, to help not only the people who are affected by diabetes but also to inform everyone on how to help prevent the onset of diabetes.
1 What is diabetes?
• History of diabetes
• Diabetes Mellitus
• Insulin deficiency
II Signs and symptoms
III Prevalence of diabetes
IV Classification and Pathophysiology of diabetes
• Type 1 diabetes (B-cell destruction, usually leading to insulin deficiency)
• Type 2 diabetes (range from insulin resistance with relative insulin deficiency to a predominantly secretory defect with insulin resistance)
• Other specific types (genetic defects of B-cell function, genetic defects in insulin action, diseases of the exocrine pancreas, drug or chemical induced, infections,
• Gestational diabetes mellitus
1. HbA1c= or >6.5%
2. FPG = or >126 mg/ dl(7.0 mmol/l)
3. 2-h plasma glucose =>200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l) during an OGTT.
1. Types 1 diabetes
2. Types 2 diabetes
3. Medication commonly used to treat diabetes
VII Complications of diabetes
A. Cardiovascular disease
B. Heart and blood vessel disease
C. High blood pressure
F. Autoimmune disorders (in patients with type 1 diabetes): thyroiditis, anemia, celiac disease.
VIII. Management of some common complications
C. Skin care
D. Foot ulcers
E. Vision and dentation
IX. Prevention of diabetes
A. Healthy eating
B. Physical activity and Exercise
X. Life with Diabetes
A. Coping with diabetes
B. Family life and children with diabetes
C. Work, school and Travel.
XI. The future
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more