1. Discuss the imaginative geographies of travel writing and consumption as they relate to Latin America. Give numerous examples.
Arias: Politics and Society
2. During the colonial period in Latin America, the foundations of future chaotic political upheavals were created. Discuss these. (Hints: Catholic Church, peninsular bureaucrats, criollos, mestizos, indigenous, Counter Reformation)
3. After independence, early 1800 s, what was the political and social situation in Latin America? Why weren t democracies created? What was the role of US and European companies?
4, Explain the role of the US in Cuba, Haiti, DR, Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama in the 20th century.
5. List and discuss the guerilla movements in the second half of the 20th century and the role of the US. (Central America and Colombia)
Restrepo: Cultures of colonialism
6. The views of Bartolome de las Casas and Juan Gines de Sepulveda on the treatment of the Indians by the Spanish were very different. How?
7. What were the three post conquest native intellectual and what did they leave behind in terms of writings, stories, etc.?
Noble: Latin American Visual Cultures
8. Discuss the film Una familia de tantas and its context in Mexico s move to modernization (pp.163 164).
Sklodowska: Latin American Literature
9. Give the writings of the following authors and write a sentence describing their works. Ignacio Manuel Altamirano, Jorge Isaacs, Estaban Echeverria, Nicolas Guillen, Garcia Marquez, Isabel Allende, Carlos Fuentes, Carolina Maria de Jesus.
10. Explain the following genre in Latin American literature: Testimonio, Boom, Modernismo, costumbrismo.
Bermudez: Popular Culture
11. Describe the historical context of the tango, merengue, bolero, and salsa dance forms. Give the history of and the political and social context in which these dance forms evolved in the countries of Latin America.
12. Discuss the phenomenon of the Telenovela in Latin America.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more