Global Integrated Marketing Communications Report for Red Bull
• You are to develop a Global Integrated Marketing Communications Report for a nominated brand / product or service of your choice (pending approval by your Unit Coordinator).
• Your report will include current marketing communications analyses as well as future recommendations.
• Your report must include ALL the subsequent sections associated with the GMC Analyses and GMC Recommendations sections, and where appropriate be linked to marketing concepts, models from the prescribed text, and previous units.
• This report is NOT AN ESSAY, thus bullet points, sub-headings, images, tables, graphs, etc. may be used where appropriate.
• The components of this report must conform to 12-point font type (no Windings), and single-line paragraph spacing.
• Please provide key marketing tactic examples (i.e. images) clear, and in colour, with supporting material allocated to the Appendices section
• You will need to upload your submission to Blackboard through Turnitin and provide a date-stamped HARD COPY in the unit coordinator’s pigeon hole by the specified date and time.
• A marking rubric will be available on Bb.
• The report should be approximately 3500 words in length, plus additional models, tables, references, appendices, etc.
• The focus of this assignment is on critical review and application of discipline knowledge.
• It is essential you get to the point and communicate as succinctly and clearly as possible utilizing the theoretical concepts studied in the learning modules.
• I don’t need you to define everything you are discussing. I already know what these concepts are, save your words for application.
• You are writing this technical report for someone who understands the concepts you are applying. This is not for a client, nor for the layperson or your mum!
• As many examples as possible should be utilized to support your arguments.
• Any argument you make or example you refer to must be supported with appropriate referencing / evidence, i.e. “…in order to recapture the losses made in sales volume and brand image” What losses? Says who?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This section should be a brief overview of the important information detailed in the subsequent report.
This should make specific references to what will be read in the rest of the report.
The idea is that by reading the executive summary, one can understand all the key information and findings detailed in the rest of the report.
It is advisable to write this section last.
(Approx. 200 words)
All sections should use as many industry examples and application of theoretical models / concepts as possible to support your argument. These may go beyond what is specifically asked in each section.
Refer to what is discussed in the learning modules (episodes, workshops, and case studies).
This section should reveal a background into the global brand / product under analyses.
It should include critical discussion of the global brand / product’s 4 Ps, its competitors, how the promotions of the brand have evolved, and any branding elements (i.e. logos, colours, symbols, slogans, etc.)
(Approx. 300 words)
3. S.T.P. METHODOLOGY:
Describe how the brand segments existing and potential customers utilizing the 5 segmentation bases discussed in the learning modules.
Focus should be directed to only those deemed relevant for the global brand / product.
(Approx. 200 words)
Employ a visual profile for each of the global brand / product’s 2 key target markets.
Provide written justification describing these 2 key target markets through application of relevant segmentation bases.
(2 visual profiles, approx. 150 words)
Critique the position strategies of the brand / product.
What value proposition do they offer consumers?
Identify 10 (direct and indirect) competitors to the brand / product.
Compare these brands using 2 perceptual maps.
Each perceptual map should utilize different variables, of which these variables DO NOT include “Price” and “Quality”.
(2 perceptual maps, approx. 200 words)
4. PAID MEDIA ANALYSES:
Critique 3 examples of the global brand / product’s PAID MEDIA tactics.
This should include at least one print, one digital, and one alternative media example.
Critically analyse such with extensive application of the Consumer Decision Making Model and Elaboration Likelihood Model.
Compare the message source, encoding and message channel of these tactics with reference to consumer behaviour and media strategies.
Critique the CREATIVITY behind these tactics.
(Approx. 500 words)
5. OWNED MEDIA ANALYSES:
Critically analyse 3 examples of the global brand / product’s OWNED MEDIA tactics.
These may include websites, content marketing, brand communities, forums, apps, events, experiential marketing, etc.
What is the strategy behind these?
How do they attempt to engage with audiences?
Are they successful in doing so?
Discuss such with reference to the goals of the promotion, self-concept / self-congruity, and brand schemas.
(Approx. 500 words)
6. EARNED MEDIA ANALYSES:
Critically assess 2 OWNED MEDIA tactics of the global brand / product.
These may include publicity / PR, blogs, word-of-mouth, consumer generated media, etc.
Critique cultural capital’s impact on these communications and how they can be used to become a part of consumers “evoked set” for decision-making.
Particular reference to the information search and evaluation search stages of decision making is required.
Critically analyse and compare the social media tactics of the global brand / product with 1 direct competitor.
Comment on quantitative and qualitative information, themes of communication, audience interactivity, and how different media are used for different messages.
How are these media sources utilized as normative and informational influences?
(Approx. 500 words)
7. Critique of current GMC
Critique the execution of the brand / product’s GMC campaigns.
This section should serve as a bridging point between your “GMC Analyses” and “GMC Recommendations”, and should consider global perspectives.
Provide a S.W.O.T. Analysis of the global brand / product’s current GMC campaign(s) (5 key points in each section) with critical analyses supporting.
(S.W.O.T. Analysis, and approx. 300 words)
In this section you are tasked with developing recommendations for your global brand / product.
These recommendations should build upon what is observed in the GMC analyses, and content from your critique of their current GMC.
These should be insightful and creative in nature, and supported by marketing theory and examples where possible.
Your task is to propose a Global TransMedia Storytelling campaign for your brand.
This campaign should be executed across a variety of mediums.
Such examples should include several of the following: sponsorships, interactive marketing, product placements, mobile communications, direct marketing, sales promotion, personal selling, etc.
Digital and alternative media should be utilized as much as possible as discussed in the semester’s learning modules.
You are to set objectives of what you want to achieve with this Transmedia campaign.
5 concise, singular, and specific objectives are to be developed. These should be in bullet point form, and S.M.A.R.T.
These objectives should detail who the intended target audience is.
(Approx. 5 S.M.A.R.T. objectives)
You are to develop strategies detailing what you are going to do to achieve these objectives.
• What is your story world?
• How is this immersive across multiple platforms?
• How is each component additive to the overall narrative?
• How does this broaden the life-cycle of your creative content?
• What data will the global brand / product utilize, and how could this be collected?
Be creative, and ensure strategies are engaging for audiences.
Discussion of the specific execution should be left for the “tactics” section.
(Approx. 200 words)
Proposed tactics should discuss the specifics of how the strategies will be executed with reference to what and how mediums will be utilized, messages encoded, impacts on consumer behaviour, and theoretical underpinnings.
(Approx. 300 words)
11. Measuring effectiveness
How will the effectiveness of these tactics be measured to determine if the objectives will be achieved?
(Approx. 100 words)
This report must utilize 5 – 10 academic references from peer-reviewed publications.
Chicago 15 or 16 referencing style is to be utilized.
Any non-academic material must also be referenced appropriately. Failure to do so will be taken as plagiarism.
Any references used for definitions of concepts will not be considered
The appendices section should host any additional information needed to support your findings, but is not essential to the arguments in your proposal.
Examples of such may include images, tables, graphs, etc.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more