Why is it impossible for a map of the world to portray the Earth as accurately as can be done with globe?
2. Describe and explain the concepts of the graphic map scales fractional map scales and verbal map scales.
3. What is meant by a map scale of 1:100,000?
4. Explain the difference between an equivalent large scale and small scale maps.
5. Explain the difference between an equivalent map and a conformal map.
6. Is it possible for a map to be both conformal and equivalent? Neither conformal nor equivalent?
7. Briefly describe the four major families of a map projection: cylindrical, plane, conic, and pseudocylindrical (elliptical).
8. Why is a Mercator projection useful as a navigation map? Why is it not ideal for use as a general purpose classroom map?
9. Why are there so many types of map projections?
10. Distinguish between GPS and GIS.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more