The University has recently leased a building in Adelphi, Maryland. The building will house some offices, classrooms, library, and computer labs.
Building dimensions: Length: 240 Feet, Width: 95 Feet, Height: 30 Feet
The 50-year-old two-story building has the following layout:
There will be six computer labs (in the building diagram above, these labs are the classroom with closet in them) that will be used for instruction. Each of these labs will have 22 computers (20 student computers and 1 instructor computer). Each of these labs will also have a server in the closet located inside the lab.
In addition to the six computer labs, there will also be a Student Computer Lab that will provide computer access to students to do their homework. There will be 30 computers in this lab and a server in the closet.
The library will also have some computers to allow students access to the library resources. There will be 10 computers for student’s use in the library, and 5 computers for Library staff.
There are five lecture classrooms in the building. Each of this room will have a computer for instructor’s use.
Placement Number of
Computers Users Total Computers
Computer labs 22 Student and
Student Computer Lab 31 Student 31
6 various offices 6 Staff/Faculty 6
Admission office 5 Staff 5
Library 10 Student 10
Library 5 Staff 5
5 classrooms 1 Faculty 5
Server Staff To be determined by students
Network Connecting Devices IT Staff To be determined by students
Printers To be determined by student
Two server rooms have been allocated, one on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Your task is to design the network for this new building with the following criteria:
• Student-accessed computers should be on separate network from the staff-accessed computers.
• The whole building will share one Internet access connection (T-1 link from Verizon). This connection will come into the Server Room on the first floor.
• Security is very important for UMUC as we have to protect students and employee’s data as well as any intellectual property that UMUC has on the servers and computers.
• The network has been assigned the 10.11.0.0/16 network address for all computers and devices. For Internet routing use 220.127.116.11 IP address.
• The network should use physical cable (not wireless), but do provide wireless access in the Student Lobby area.
Submission should include (in no more than ten pages, excluding diagrams and references):
1. Define the subnet (based on: rooms, floor, department, or other criteria).
2. For each subnet, explain which devices/groups/users/rooms will be on this subnet, define the network address, subnet mask, and available IP addresses to be used by computers or devices.
1. Define the topology that will be used.
2. Select the appropriate network media to use.
3. Select the appropriate network connecting devices to use.
4. Physical layout of the computers on the floor plan.
5. List of additional servers, network devices, or network services needed to implement the network.
6. Justifications for your network design (number 1 – 5 above)
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further, Order Now and enjoy an amazing discount!!