Should Every American Go to College?
Compose a 4-5 page critical response to one or more of the “Should Every American Go to College?” articles we have read and discussed in class. Analyze the conversations going on in these articles (and in the United States, Texas, your home town, your own home) about post-secondary education, from the costs to attend college to the costs of not attending to the discussion of the role vocational programs might play in post-secondary education to … some other conversation you hear/read going on. Then, respond, critically, to that conversation. Take a position, state it in a strong T-A-R thesis statement, and then develop that position with your own experience and observations. Make sure to include quotes and paraphrases from the articles and your response to them. Have a conversation.
• As you re-read the articles, apply the “Questions for Critical Reading” in the box at the top of page 49.
• To which central ideas/claims do you want to respond? Can these form the structure of your essay?
• Identify the central arguments in the articles:
o How well does the author develop it?
o Are you convinced? Why or why not?
• What is your stand? Why? Develop this into a single-sentence thesis.
• Develop your responses to the central arguments into paragraphs:
o Uncover support and points of departure from the articles.
o Paraphrase and Quote (and include citations!)
• Make sure to include refutation. Remember, all conversations and arguments have more than perspective.
• Conclude your essay with a restatement of your thesis and why your response is valid and important.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more